Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Strawberry Princess Ari


Strawberry Princess Ari - Rich vanilla cupcake finished with fluffy strawberry cream frosting topped pink sprinkles and a strawberry malt ball.

My dad and I recently made our own strawberry jam so perfect, I can use it in my frosting. (Making jam is so easy, just slow cook an equal amount of fruit to an equal amount of sugar til it thickens, then leave to cool - Voila! You got jam!) I just used a standard buttercream and added strawberry jam to it (yes using regular jam is fine too) and it turned out so perfect and it tastes so good too. Be sure not to add too much cause the cream will get runny and will be very hard to pipe (i learned this the hard way)... if you want a deeper pink color, use a few drops of red coloring. Also if need be, put your frosting back in the fridge til it's a good consistency and try again.

This is a big week for me and cupcakes, Hughy's birthday is tomorrow (doing some Blue Hawaii - coconut cupcakes & pina colada ones) and Saturday I got to do a chocolate collection for Janet & Milan's house warming. Cupcakes are so great for any occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment