Sunday, April 26, 2009

Forget Chicken & Waffles, Chicken & Cupcakes is where it's at!


My ol'friend Arty - aka Buddha Sax came over with a bucket of KFC yesterday and his new girlfriend Jackie (very sweet & charming girl, good job art! ;). I was feeling still a bit under the weather (because I once again caught what Ari had) and didn't feel like baking, but he so desperately wanted me to make a batch of cupcakes for dessert and you know i can't refuse a request from someone that brings me fried chicken... plus i had a new recipe i wanted to try from the Cake Bible. I took a few short cuts such as... eggs weren't at room temp. and i replaced the milk with soymilk and i didn't let the butter soften (i microwaved...shhh...). The result was a harder top than the other cake recipes i tried but nonetheless they were gobbled up and the minty green cream cheese frosting was light and yummy! I was also out of fondant so I topped it with one of my daughters whole-wheat puff stars and centered it with some pink frosting. Turned out to be very cute! In the end we were all happy and that's what important.

I also realized that i need new mixing bowls! This one is too heavy for my little weak under worked out arms. As they say? A baker is only as good as the ingredients and tools she uses?? i dont know if that is a saying or if i made that up right now. Regardless, I'm getting new mixing bowls and soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment